51) A C4 plant different from a C3 plant because : 1380765.
51) A C4 plant is different from a C3 plant because a C4 plant:
A) can leave its stomata open longer without ill effect.
B) stores CO2 in four-carbon molecules before the CO2 enters the Calvin cycle.
C) does not have bundle-sheath cells.
D) performs photorespiration.
52) What advantage is it for some plants to use C4 and CAM photosynthesis?
A) They can conserve water and reduce photorespiration under hot, dry conditions
B) They can conserve water and produce four-carbon sugars instead of glucose
C) They can absorb carbon dioxide more efficiently when atmospheric CO2 levels are low.
D) They can use the Calvin cycle at night when conditions are cooler and more humid.
53) Which of the following types of plants would most likely be found in the Mojave Desert?
D) CAM, C3, and C4 would all be equally likely in this environment.
54) Which of the following is a C4 plant?
D) pine trees
55) Which of the following is a CAM plant?
D) pine tree
56) Which type of photosynthesis do most plants use?
57) Only plants can carry out photosynthesis.
58) Oxygen is required to carry out photosynthesis.
59) Plants perform only photosynthesis, not cellular respiration.
60) Most plant leaves appear green because they absorb green light.
61) Photosynthesis forms ATP using oxidation-reduction reactions similar to those seen in the electron transport chain of respiration.
62) If something is oxidized, it loses electrons.