51) A solution containing more hydrogen ions than hydroxide ions : 1200416.
51) A solution containing more hydrogen ions than hydroxide ions is
52) The most acidic solution would have a pH of ________.
53) Which of the following substances would be nearest the pH of human blood?
A) milk, pH ≈6.5
B) pure water, pH ≈7
C) tomato juice, pH ≈4
D) wine, pH ≈3
E) stomach secretions, pH ≈1
54) Why is it important to precisely regulate the pH of blood or other body fluids?
A) Blood functions as an excellent solvent.
B) Blood and other body fluids have a very high heat capacity.
C) Dehydration synthesis of large molecules occurs.
D) Hydrogen ions are extremely reactive.
E) Some organic molecules have polar covalent bonds.
55) If a substance resists changes in pH, either by removing or replacing hydrogen ions, it is called
D) a buffer.
E) a salt.
56) ________ are compounds that maintain the pH of solutions within given limits.
57) Which of the following are defined as soluble inorganic compounds whose ions will conduct an electric current in solutions?
C) strong acids
E) steroid hormones
58) During ionization, water molecules disrupt the ionic bonds of a solute, resulting in a mixture of ions that can conduct an electrical current in solution. These ions are called
59) Why is table salt considered to be a “neutral” solute?
A) Its dissociation releases hydrogen ions.
B) Its dissociation does not affect the concentrations of hydrogen ions or hydroxide ions.
C) It removes or replaces hydrogen ions.
D) It contains more hydroxide ions than hydrogen ions.
E) It has a very high heat capacity.
60) Which of the following is an example of a strong base?