51) At what two stages in the human life cycle : 1380785.
51) At what two stages in the human life cycle are diploid cells found?
A) in adult humans and as the zygote
B) as the zygote and in the sperm and eggs
C) in gametes and in sperm and eggs
D) in adult humans and in sperm and eggs
E) in gametes and as the zygote
52) A plant branch that regenerates roots and develops into another plant is:
A) genetically unique.
B) the product of a special type of sexual reproduction.
C) the product of self-fertilization.
D) the product of a recombination event.
E) genetically identical to the plant from which the branch was taken.
53) Bacteria (prokaryotes) divide by ________ reproduction, and eukaryotes reproduce by ________ reproduction.
A) sexual; asexual
B) either asexual or sexual; either asexual or sexual
C) sexual; either asexual or sexual
D) asexual; both asexual and sexual
E) asexual; sexual
54) When a cutting from a plant sprouts roots and yields a new, independent plant, what process has occurred?
A) sexual reproduction
D) asexual reproduction
55) The number of chromosomes present in a human cell at anaphase of mitosis and anaphase of meiosis II is the same.
56) The number of chromosomes present in a cell in metaphase I and metaphase II is the same.
57) At the end of meiosis I, each of the sister chromatids is considered a full-fledged chromosome.
58) In recombination (crossing over), DNA is exchanged between homologous, non-sister chromatids.
59) In humans, the sperm contributes the chromosome that determines whether the child will be a boy or a girl.
60) If an egg is fertilized by a sperm carrying an X chromosome, the resulting child might be either a boy or a girl, depending on the sex chromosome carried by the egg.
61) The X and Y chromosomes are not homologous, but in the meiosis of sperm formation, they pair and separate in anaphase I as though they were homologous.