51. Beta-oxidation a series of metabolic reactions in which amino : 1400729.
51. Beta-oxidation is a series of metabolic reactions in which amino acids are oxidized to acetyl CoA.
52. Fatty acid oxidation occurs in the cytosol.
53. Amino acids can be either ketogenic or glucogenic.
54. The metabolic pathways for storing excess kilocalories are less efficient at storing fat.
55. Ketoacidosis is a condition that occurs in individuals with untreated diabetes, resulting in a drop in blood pH.
56. Alcohol provides 4 kilocalories per gram.
57. Alcohol dehydrogenase is found in the stomach and the liver.
58. Excess energy from alcohol is stored as triglyceride.
59. Inborn errors of metabolism are developmental rather than genetic diseases.
60. Phenylketonuria is a disease in which the individual cannot synthesize tyrosine from the amino acid phenylalanine.
51. Beta-oxidation a series of metabolic reactions in which amino : 1400729