51) Charles Darwin usually gets more credit for the theory : 1380840.
51) Charles Darwin usually gets more credit for the theory of evolution than Alfred Russel Wallace because Darwin thought of the idea first and published a mass of evidence in its support.
52) Alfred Russel Wallace developed his theory of natural selection about 20 years after Darwin.
53) The human embryo goes through a period of time with gill slits, an inheritance from an ancient ancestor.
54) The so-called modern synthesis of evolution brought together the evidence for evolution and the ideas of genetics.
55) In science, theories are well established and thus are not “theoretical” in the everyday usage of the word.
56) There are fossils of dinosaurs and humans that lived at the same time in the past.
Match the following.
A) evidence for evolution from the existence of vestigial characters
B) experimental evidence for evolution
C) evidence for evolution from homologous structures
D) supportive evidence for evolution from radiometric dating
E) evidence for evolution from gene modification
57) Measuring the decay of radioactive elements suggests that the Earth is about 4.6 billion years old.
58) Ostriches have wings but do not fly, and humans have auricular muscles even though we cannot swivel our ears.
59) The number of nucleotide differences between cytochrome c oxidase genes in different species is related to how recently the two species shared a common ancestor.
60) Male guppies evolve brighter coloration when they are placed in a predator-free environment and less-brilliant colors when they are placed in an environment with predators.
61) Whales, cats, bats, and gorillas all have similar sets of forelimb bones despite the fact that these forelimbs are used for extremely different functions.