51) Digestion a process of mechanical and chemical breakdown of : 1380967.
51) Digestion is a process of mechanical and chemical breakdown of larger food molecules into smaller ones that can be absorbed.
52) Most digested food is absorbed into the blood by the villi of the small intestine.
53) Sodium is a nutrient because it provides us with energy.
54) Minerals are always chemical elements, not compounds.
55) A “nutritional” calorie is actually 1,000 of the energy unit calories.
56) Soy protein and nearly all animal protein sources provide all the essential amino acids needed in the diet.
57) Fiber is defined as a complex carbohydrate that is digestible.
58) About 99 percent of the fluid the kidney processes is recycled back into the body.
59) The tube leading from the bladder that carries urine out of the body is the ureter.
60) The urethra is different lengths in men and women.
51) Digestion a process of mechanical and chemical breakdown of : 1380967