51. In which stage of aerobic respiration water produced? A. : 1180185.
51. In which stage of aerobic respiration is water produced?
B. Krebs cycle
C. Electron transport system
52. How many carbon dioxide molecules are produced by the complete aerobic breakdown of one glucose molecule?
53. An oxidase detection test can be used to identify certain bacteria because they lack
A. cytochrome c oxidase
D. ATP synthase
E. Coenzyme Q
54. What chemical causes death in many eukaryotes because it blocks cytochrome c oxidase?
E. Carbon monoxide
55. Which of the following is not true of anaerobic respiration?
A. Is also called fermentation
B. Involves glycolysis
C. Generates some ATP
D. Utilizes an electron transport system
E. Uses the same final electron acceptors as aerobic respiration
56. Reduction of nitrogen-oxygen ions and compounds by some bacteria is called
A. Aerobic respiration
57. The reactions of fermentation function to produce _____ molecules for use in glycolysis.
A. Pyruvic acid
58. When glucose is broken down by glycolysis during bacterial fermentation, what is the net production of ATP?
A. 2 ATP
B. 3 ATP
C. 24 ATP
D. 36 ATP
E. 38 ATP
59. Mixed acid fermentation
A. Produces butyric acid
B. Occurs in all bacteria
C. Produces several different acids plus CO2 and H2 gases
D. Is seen in Streptococcus and Lactobacillus
E. Also produces ethanol
A. Requires an organic electron acceptor
B. Requires oxygen
C. Only occurs in aerobic organisms
D. Is equivalent to aerobic respiration in ATP production
E. None of the choices are correct