51. Somites give rise to A. nerves. B. blood. C. : 1380680.
51. Somites give rise to
E. spinal cord.
52. Segments of mesoderm that will form muscles are
B. mandibular processes.
C. neural tube.
D. secondary palate.
53. The oropharyngeal and cloacal membranes, when opened, allow the _____ to open to the outside.
D. digestive tract
54. Which of the following organs develops from evaginations along the early digestive tract?
B. adrenal medulla
D. nasal cavity
55. The pleural and peritoneal cavities of the adult begin as part of the _____ cavity.
56. The allantois enlarges to form the
D. urinary bladder.
57. Arm and legs buds appear at about 28 days from
A. the coelom.
B. apical ectodermal ridges.
D. neural crest cells.
58. A cleft lip results when
A. the two halves of the secondary palate do not fuse.
B. the frontonasal and maxillary processes do not fuse.
C. the lateral edges of the nasal placodes do not fuse with the maxillary processes.
D. the maxillary processes do not fuse with the mandibular processes.
E. None of these choices is correct.
59. If the secondary palate does not fuse the result is a
A. cleft palate.
B. cleft throat.
C. facial cleft.
D. cleft lip.
E. cleft tongue.
60. Which of the following structures is NOT involved in the formation of the face?
A. apical ectodermal ridges
B. frontonasal process
C. maxillary processes
D. mandibular processes