51. The presence of cholesterol keeps fatty acid chains separate : 1400691.
51. The presence of cholesterol keeps fatty acid chains separate within the membrane, thereby maintaining membrane fluidity.
52. Lingual lipase helps with the digestion of fat in the mouth.
53. Both long-chain and medium-chain fatty acids enter the portal vein and go directly to the liver.
54. Chylomicrons are made in the liver.
55. The higher the concentration of lipids in a lipoprotein, the greater its density.
56. Lipoprotein lipase is an enzyme on the surface of cells that hydrolyzes fats transported via the lipoproteins.
57. The body stores more energy as fat than as muscle and liver glycogen combined.
58. Cholesterol is required for many functions in the body, including the production of bile and sex hormones.
59. Controlling the intake of fat may help control body weight.
60. Consumption of fish can be beneficial for heart health.
51. The presence of cholesterol keeps fatty acid chains separate : 1400691