51. The production of protein by cells an example of : 1380611.
51. The production of protein by cells is an example of
52. The energy currency of the cell is a molecule called
53. High ATP concentrations would be found in
A. active cells.
B. resting cells.
C. exhausted cells.
D. dead cells.
E. None of these choices is correct.
54. What type of reactions are involved in ATP production?
A. single replacement reactions
B. combustion reactions
C. oxidation-reduction reactions
D. neutralization reactions
55. What atom is a major player in the production of energy from nutrient molecules?
56. Glycolysis is best defined as the breakdown of
A. glucose to carbon dioxide and water.
B. glucose to two molecules of pyruvic acid.
C. pyruvic acid to carbon dioxide and water.
D. glycogen to glucose-6-phosphate.
E. glucose to glycogen.
57. Which of the following steps in glycolysis occurs last?
A. oxidation of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate
B. production of ATP from phosphoenolpyruvic acid
C. phosphorylation of glucose to form glucose-6-phosphate
D. cleavage of fructose 1, 6 diphosphate
E. input of 2 ATP molecules
58. In glycolysis,
A. NAD+ is reduced to form NADH.
B. more energy is used than produced.
C. glucose is formed as an end product.
D. glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate is used as an enzyme.
E. oxygen must be present for it to start.
59. When glucose is metabolized in the absence of oxygen, one of the end products is
A. pyruvic acid.
B. ketone bodies.
C. lactic acid.
D. citric acid.
E. nitric acid.
60. One difference between anaerobic and aerobic respiration is that
A. anaerobic respiration utilizes the citric acid cycle but aerobic respiration does not.
B. aerobic respiration produces more ATP than anaerobic respiration.
C. anaerobic respiration takes place inside cells while aerobic respiration takes place in the plasma.
D. aerobic respiration does not require oxygen.
E. aerobic respiration takes place after anaerobic respiration.
51. The production of protein by cells an example of : 1380611