52) Elephants good examples of r-selected species.
53) K-selected species also : 1380994.
52) Elephants are good examples of r-selected species.
53) K-selected species are also called equilibrium species.
54) Equilibrium species are usually limited by density dependent factors.
55) Life tables are used to predict how many individuals will be born in any specific year.
56) Total human fertility rates have dropped globally in the past 50 years.
57) Except for the period during which the bubonic plague occurred, the human population demonstrated logistic growth from the Middle Ages until about 50 years ago.
58) The total fertility rate is defined as the average number of children born to each woman in a population.
59) Per capita use of resources and CO2 emissions may be just as important as population size when considering stress to the global environment.