55) The human genome estimated to include 20,000 to 25,000 : 1380775.
55) The human genome is estimated to include 20,000 to 25,000 genes.
56) Anaphase is characterized by the separation of sister chromatids.
57) Compact chromosomes first become visible during metaphase.
58) During the cell cycle of a eukaryotic cell, each chromosome is replicated to become a chromosome with two chromatids, and then the chromatids are pulled apart to form two separate chromosomes.
59) When a dividing human cell reaches telophase, 23 nuclear membranes must form, one for each pair of chromosomes.
60) The chief accomplishment of telophase is the organization of chromosomes into new nuclei.
61) Bacterial binary fission is essentially the same process as mitosis in animals and plants.
62) During the cytokinesis phase of cell division, plant cells develop a cell plate instead of a cleavage furrow.