59) Signals sent between cells reach a cell at receptor : 1380736.
59) Signals sent between cells reach a cell at receptor proteins.
60) Cholesterol helps to maintain the correct fluidity of the plasma membrane.
61) The phospholipid bilayer forms spontaneously in water.
62) The phospholipid bilayer forms because fatty-acid tails do not dissolve in water.
63) Transport proteins are integral plasma membrane proteins.
64) Some integral proteins can span the entire phospholipid bilayer.
65) The functioning of the immune system depends on recognition proteins.
66) The most up-to-date explanation of the structure of the plasma membrane is called the fluid-mosaic model.
67) Water moves freely through a semipermeable membrane.
68) Osmosis is an example of passive transport.