61. Angiotensin II increases blood volume by stimulating A. thirst. : 1380649.
61. Angiotensin II increases blood volume by stimulating
C. water movement into the cells.
D. renal excretion of sodium.
E. ADH production.
62. Under normal conditions, most water loss from the body is through the
D. GI tract.
63. Which of the following is an example of water conservation by the body?
C. decreased water intake
D. decreased urine volume
E. increased urine volume
64. Sensible perspiration
A. contains only water.
B. is water lost through simple evaporation.
C. is secreted by the sweat glands.
D. is invisible on the skin.
E. is secreted by salivary glands.
65. Loss of a large volume of sweat will
A. decrease the hematocrit.
B. decrease ADH production.
C. increase the blood pressure.
D. increase the osmolality of body fluids.
E. decrease the osmolality of body fluids.
66. In which of the following situations does one see large volumes of dilute urine produced?
A. ADH levels decrease
B. renin levels increase
C. aldosterone levels increase
D. parathyroid hormone levels decrease
E. ADH levels increase
67. A person working in the hot sun loses the greatest amount of water from the
E. GI tract.
A. increases with acidity.
B. is measured on a scale of 0 to 10.
C. is a measure of the hydrogen ion concentration.
D. reflects sodium content of body fluids.
E. is not related to amounts of carbon dioxide in the body.
69. Which of the following substances releases hydrogen ions into a solution?
70. Chemicals that function to minimize changes in the pH of body fluids are called
61. Angiotensin II increases blood volume by stimulating A. thirst. : 1380649