61. Research studies show that Americans eat most meals at : 1400642.
61. Research studies show that Americans eat most meals at home with their family.
62. Weight gain is a factor that contributes to the development of diseases like diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and stroke.
63. More than 35 percent of American adults are obese.
64. The presence of zoochemicals in foods increases the benefits from many plant-based foods, thereby rendering them functional foods.
65. Nutrients from food are used to replenish the cells in the body.
66. Plant foods consist of about 90 percent water.
67. All nutrients contain hydrogen and oxygen except minerals.
68. A kilocalorie is the amount of energy required to raise the temperature of one gallon of water by one degree Celsius.
69. Older adults generally require more food energy than young people.
70. An experimental study in which neither the researchers nor the participants know who is receiving the treatment and who is receiving the placebo is called a double blind study.
61. Research studies show that Americans eat most meals at : 1400642