61) The type of burn that injures the hypodermis, deeper : 1200463.
61) The type of burn that injures the hypodermis, deeper tissues, and organs is a(n)
A) first-degree burn.
B) second-degree burn.
C) third-degree burn.
D) partial-thickness burn.
E) semi-partial-thickness burn.
62) During the regeneration process of the skin after an injury, what is the combination of blood clot, fibroblasts, and an extensive capillary network called?
B) granulation tissue
C) scar tissue
63) During skin repair, most of the scab consists of an insoluble network of ________, a protein that forms from blood proteins during the clotting response.
64) A “rug burn,” which scrapes the skin, is an example of a(n)
65) Which is the most logical reason for an elderly person’s higher potential to be prone to skin infections, compared to a younger person?
A) The hair is thinner in the elderly.
B) There are fewer melanocytes in the skin of a younger person.
C) The blood supply to the dermis is reduced in the skin of a young person.
D) Bone strength decreases in the elderly.
E) Stem cell activity in the epidermis declines in the elderly.