61) Which of the following a cofactor for some enzymes : 1200379.
61) Which of the following is a cofactor for some enzymes and is a mineral whose primary route of excretion is through the feces and trace amounts in the urine?
62) A Calorie unit used in food is equal to the amount of energy necessary to raise the temperature of 1 kilogram of water ________ degree(s) Celsius.
63) The direct transfer of energy through physical contact is called ________.
64) The heat-loss and heat-gain centers of the body are found in which of the following?
B) medulla oblongata
65) Which of the following mechanisms of heat transfer is the result of heat loss to the air that overlies the surface of an object?
66) An average individual has a basal metabolic rate (BMR) of about ________.
A) 400 cal/hr
B) 3680 cal/hr
C) 70 cal/hr
D) 7000 cal/day
E) 145 cal/hr
67) When considering the energy content of foods, the catabolism of carbohydrates releases ________ Cal/g.
68) Which of the following activities expends the most calories per hour?
A) speed walking
C) slow walking
D) competitive swimming
E) climbing stairs
69) An example of nonshivering thermogenesis occurs when epinephrine from the adrenal glands immediately increases the breakdown of glycogen in the ________.
B) liver and skeletal muscles
C) kidneys and pancreas
61) Which of the following a cofactor for some enzymes : 1200379