69) Inflammation a type of ________ immune response.
70) What a : 1380950.
69) Inflammation is a type of ________ immune response.
70) What is a phagocyte?
71) The inflammatory response is caused by the chemical ________.
72) Antibodies are a part of our ________ immune response.
73) Cowpox inoculation worked as a somewhat effective vaccine against smallpox because its viral particles were similar enough in ________ to smallpox viral particles.
Refer to the scenario below, and then answer the following question(s).
You are walking in the park and see a few people crowded around a young lady who is lying on the grass. You notice a few wasps circling around some food on a nearby picnic table, and you ask what happened. One fellow says, “She was stung a minute ago and passed out right after saying something like, ‘a penguin.'” You look and find an EpiPen® in the bag clutched in her hand. Recalling your first aid training, you inject her in her thigh with the EpiPen®. She quickly revives and lives happily ever after.
74) What happened to the young lady?
75) Between the hint in the name and what you learned in this section, speculate as to what an EpiPen® contains.
76) Explain the ways in which the two arms of the adaptive immune response are very effective yet different in their responses to pathogens. Be sure to compare and contrast their respective strengths and weaknesses.