71. A molecule that moves electrons from the citric acid : 1380613.
71. A molecule that moves electrons from the citric acid cycle to the electron transport chain is
A. pyruvic acid.
72. Each NADH molecule fed into the electron transport chain produces _____ ATPs.
73. Which of the following statements is true?
A. Hydrogen ions are pumped across the plasma membrane.
B. Electrons pass from one electron carrier to another in the electron transport chain.
C. Water serves as the final electron acceptor.
D. Chemiosmosis forms carbon dioxide.
E. The chemiosmosis model refers to movement of water.
74. The name of the process that couples the movement of hydrogen ions across the inner mitochondrial membrane to ATP production is the
A. citric acid cycle.
B. glycolytic pathway.
D. Cori cycle.
E. hydrosmotic model.
75. Which of the following events occurs last?
A. Hydrogen ions diffuse into inner mitochondrial compartment.
B. Hydrogen ions are moved from inner to outer mitochondrial compartment.
C. The movement of hydrogen ions through special channels is coupled to ATP production.
D. A hydrogen ion concentration gradient is established.
E. NADH transfer electrons to the electron-transport chain.
76. How many ATP are made from each FADH2 that transfers electrons to the electron transport chain?
77. What is the final electron acceptor of the electron transport chain?
D. carbon dioxide
78. The body’s main energy storage molecules are
79. The correct sequence of events that occurs when fatty acids are used to generate ATP is
A. beta oxidation, electron transport chain, deamination.
B. electron transport chain, beta oxidation, glycolysis.
C. beta oxidation, citric acid cycle, electron transport chain.
D. glycolysis, beta oxidation, citric acid cycle.
E. citric acid cycle, glycolysis, beta oxidation.
80. Beta oxidation results in the formation of
B. acetyl CoA.
C. carbon monoxide.
E. ketone bodies.
71. A molecule that moves electrons from the citric acid : 1380613