71) As secondary follicles develop, FSH levels decline due to : 1200407.
71) As secondary follicles develop, FSH levels decline due to the negative feedback effects of which hormone?
72) The organ that provides mechanical protection and nutritional support for the developing embryo is the
B) uterine tube.
73) The vagina
A) serves as a passageway for the elimination of menstrual fluids.
B) is homologous to the male scrotum.
C) is normally bacteria-free.
D) forms the upper portion of the birth canal.
E) is lined by an endometrium.
A) is the process of shedding of tissue until the entire functional zone has been lost.
B) cannot occur if uterine inflammation exists.
C) usually lasts eight to eleven days.
D) usually results in the loss of 500 – 750 ml of blood.
E) cannot continue if myometrial contractions occur.
75) Which of the following begins at ovulation and persists as long as the corpus luteum remains intact?
B) secretory phase
C) functional phase
E) proliferative phase
76) The ovary does not release a mature gamete. Instead, a ________ is released.
C) primary oocyte
D) secondary oocyte
77) During the secretory phase of the uterine (menstrual) cycle,
A) ovulation occurs.
B) a new functional layer is formed in the vagina.
C) uterine glands enlarge.
D) the old functional layer of the endometrium is sloughed off.
E) the corpus albicans releases hormones.
78) Roughly twelve days after ovulation, the corpus luteum becomes nonfunctional and hypothalamic production of ________ increases.
79) The principal hormone secreted by the corpus luteum, which prepares the uterus for pregnancy, is
80) During female sexual arousal, the ________, which resemble the male bulbo-urethral glands, discharge their secretions near the vaginal entrance.
A) Cowper glands
B) greater vestibular glands
C) lactiferous glands
D) lesser vestibular glands
E) lactiferous sinuses