71) Smooth muscle tissue known as ________ muscle.
B) striated : 1200453.
71) Smooth muscle tissue is known as ________ muscle.
B) striated voluntary
C) nonstriated voluntary
D) striated involuntary
E) nonstriated involuntary
72) Identify the tissue in the image, which is comprised of short, spindle-shaped cells that are found in the walls of blood vessels and in digestive, respiratory, urinary, and reproductive organs.
B) dense regular connective tissue
C) smooth muscle tissue
D) reticular tissue
E) cardiac muscle tissue
73) Which type of tissue contains neuroglial cells?
74) Cells of neural tissue that support the tissue are called
E) mast cells.
75) Which component of a neuron is also called “nerve fibers”?
C) cell body
76) ________ are cells that support and protect the neurons.
C) Ground substance
D) Goblet cells
77) The process of tissue repair where damaged tissue is replaced or repaired to restore normal function is called
78) During regeneration, fibroblasts produce a dense network of collagen fibers known as ________ tissue.
79) ________ release during inflammation causes increased blood vessel permeability.
80) In response to tissue injury, the process during which fibroblasts produce a dense network of collagen fibers that are known as fibrous tissue is the start of ________.
81) Restoring homeostasis after tissue injury involves which of the following?
A) fibrosis and inflammation
B) regeneration and differentiation
C) infection and inflammation
D) inflammation and regeneration
E) differentiation and fibrosis
82) Approximately 70-80 percent of cancers in the aging population are the result of
A) inadequate diets.
C) environmental factors.
83) Which of the following may occur with aging?
A) more efficient tissue maintenance
B) increased ability to repair connective tissues
C) more fragile connective tissue
D) increased bone strength
E) thicker epithelia
A) is more common in men than in women.
B) can occur due to too much exercise.
C) is a result of high calcium absorption.
D) cannot be alleviated with exercise, supplements, or medication.
E) may involve a reduction in circulating hormones.