71. Transcription the process of converting the information in mRNA : 1400706.
71. Transcription is the process of converting the information in mRNA to an amino acid sequence.
72. Elongation is the phase of protein synthesis in which the polypeptide chain grows longer by adding amino acids.
73. A buffer is a substance that helps to maintain the proper pH.
74. Nitrogen deficit is the difference between nitrogen intake and nitrogen excretion.
75. The RDA for protein is 0.8 g/kg body weight.
76. Describe the basic structure of an amino acid.
77. Define essential and nonessential amino acids.
78. Describe at least five functions of proteins in the body.