78. In a commensal relationship, the commensal benefits but the : 1180171.
78. In a commensal relationship, the commensal benefits but the cohabitant is neither harmed nor benefited.
79. Anaerobes can be cultured in a CO2 environment.
80. The majority of microbes live and grow in habitats between pH 7 and 9.
81. Bacteria have an average generation time of 24 hours.
82. The time that it takes for a freshly inoculated agar culture to develop visible colonies is principally governed by that species’ generation time.
83. Transverse binary fission results in 4 daughter cells from 1 parent cell.
84. After binary fission, daughter cells will differ genetically.
85. A closed culture system is used to determine a population growth curve.
86. The degree of turbidity in a broth culture correlates to the amount of cell growth.
87. The direct cell count, using a cytometer, can calculate viable cell numbers from a sample.
88. A Coulter counter can count viable cells as well as determine the size.
89. Bacterial biofilms stimulate the immune system differently than planktonic bacteria.
90. Planktonic bacteria are more susceptible to antibiotics as compared to biofilm microorganisms.