80. How can goitrogen consumption cause a secondary deficiency of : 1400795.
80. How can goitrogen consumption cause a secondary deficiency of iodine?
81. Provide two examples involving trace minerals that demonstrate progress in public health.
82. What are the differences between heme and nonheme iron?
83. Cassie’s aunt wanted to improve her iron status because she was pregnant. She was mostly vegetarian, only choosing to eat meat a couple of times a week. She loved going out to eat and enjoyed being with friends. She always had her required servings of vegetables and fruits. Citrus fruits were her favorite. She loved coffee and drank an average of 4 cups a day—definitely after every meal. Sometimes this gave her heartburn and she would pop a few antacids (which she always carried with her) into her mouth. List the possible factors in Cassie’s aunt’s lifestyle that can be manipulated to improve her iron absorption.
84. Describe the mucosal block and its significance.