81. When measuring blood pressure with a sphygmomanometer, which of : 1380531.
81. When measuring blood pressure with a sphygmomanometer, which of the following best describes when blood flow in the brachial artery is turbulent?
A. while the left ventricle is contracting
B. when pressure in the blood pressure cuff is greater than systolic but less than the diastolic pressure
C. when pressure in the blood pressure cuff is greater than the diastolic pressure
D. when pressure in the blood pressure cuff is less than the diastolic pressure
E. when pressure in the brachial artery is greater than in the blood pressure cuff and greater than the diastolic pressure
82. Which of the following would increase resistance to blood flow?
A. a decrease in the length of the vessel
B. a decrease in the number of red blood cells
C. a decrease in blood viscosity
D. a decrease in the radius of the vessel
E. a decreased hematocrit
83. Resistance in the cardiovascular system
A. tends to increase if blood viscosity increases.
B. tends to decrease as the diameter of blood vessels decreases.
C. dramatically increases blood flow through the circulatory system.
D. is directly related to flow (? R ? ? Flow).
E. does not occur. If it did, blood would not circulate in the blood vessels.
84. According to Poiseuille’s law,
A. blood flow is not related to resistance.
B. pH of the blood influences flow.
C. viscosity of the blood is not related to flow.
D. if resistance increases, flow increases.
E. if resistance increases, flow decreases.
85. As viscosity of the blood increases,
A. the pressure required to force it to flow increases.
B. the pressure required to force it to flow decreases.
C. the fluid becomes thinner.
D. the hematocrit decreases.
E. the flow does not change.
86. According to Poiseuille’s law, a small decrease in the diameter of a vessel will
A. dramatically decrease blood flow.
B. slightly decrease blood flow.
C. not affect blood flow.
D. slightly increase blood flow.
E. dramatically increase blood flow.
87. When the blood pressure of a vessel drops below the critical closing pressure for that vessel,
A. there is hypertension.
B. there is an increase in blood flow.
C. there is an increase in peripheral resistance.
D. the vessel collapses.
E. the vessel expands.
88. According to the Laplace’s Law, as the diameter of a blood vessel increases, the force applied to the wall of that vessel
C. increases, then decreases.
D. remains the same.
E. None of these choices is correct.
89. The greater the compliance the
A. greater the resistance generated in the vessel.
B. more easily the vessel wall stretches.
C. longer the blood vessel will measure.
D. higher the blood pressure will be.
E. less the elasticity of the vessel.
90. Which type of vessel has the greatest compliance?
81. When measuring blood pressure with a sphygmomanometer, which of : 1380531