91. The distention of the stomach by food the primary : 1380589.
91. The distention of the stomach by food is the primary stimulus to begin the
A. cephalic phase of gastric secretion.
B. gastric phase of gastric secretion.
C. intestinal phase of gastric secretion.
D. cystic phase of gastric secretion.
E. hepatic phase of gastric secretion.
92. The intestinal phase of gastric secretion
A. is controlled by the entrance of acidic chyme into the duodenum.
B. leads to increased gastric secretion if duodenal pH falls below 2.
C. only stimulates gastric secretion.
D. will decrease gastric secretion when gastrin is released by the duodenum.
E. is controlled by the entrance of alkaline material into the small intestines.
93. Which of the following would inhibit both gastric secretion and gastric motility?
A. vagal stimulation
B. chewing and swallowing food
C. cholecystokinin (CCK)
E. large amounts of fiber in the diet
94. Which of the following would stimulate gastric secretion?
A. acidic chyme in duodenum
95. Fatty acids and certain lipids in the duodenum initiate the release of
A. secretin and gastrin.
B. cholecystokinin (CCK).
C. gastrin and histamine.
D. somatostatin and CCK.
E. insulin and glucagon.
96. The enterogastric reflex can be triggered by
A. distention of the duodenal wall.
B. the presence of food in the stomach.
C. increased pH in the duodenum.
D. the cerebral cortex.
E. the hormone secretin.
97. Food in the stomach is squeezed and mixed with gastric juices, forming a semiliquid called
98. The pyloric pump
A. mixes stomach contents for digestion.
B. causes hunger contractions.
C. moves chyme through a partially closed pyloric opening.
D. causes rugae to flatten.
E. opens the pyloric sphincter completely.
99. Duodenal gland secretion prevents
A. digestive enzyme release.
B. release of bile from the liver.
C. irritation of the duodenal mucosa by acidic chyme and digestive enzymes.
D. the release of insulin.
100. Gastritis, peptic ulcers and gastric cancer can all be caused by
A. Helicobacter pylori, a bacterium.
B. increased secretion of gastric bicarbonate.
C. pH of the stomach contents continuously greater than 4.
D. increased mucus production by the neck cells.
E. None of these choices is correct.