91. Which of the following a function of the vagina? : 1380665.
91. Which of the following is a function of the vagina?
A. oocyte production
B. reception of penis during intercourse
C. site of fertilization
D. production of estrogen
E. female hormone secretion
92. Which of the following portions of the vulva is most superior?
B. mons pubis
D. labia majora
E. labia minora
93. Which of the following pairs is mismatched?
A. clitoris – erectile tissue
B. labia minora – unite anteriorly to form the prepuce
C. vestibular glands – maintain moistness of vestibule
D. mons pubis – vaginal orifice
E. pudendal cleft – space between labia majora
94. Both the vagina and the urethra open into a space called the
A. urogenital sinus.
B. pudendal cleft.
E. mons pubis.
95. The secretory sacs of the mammary glands are known as the
C. lactiferous ducts.
D. areolar glands.
96. Frequently during childbirth, an episiotomy is performed. In this procedure the _____ is cut.
C. labia majora
D. labia minora
E. mons pubis
97. Which of the following statements concerning the female mammary glands is true?
A. They are modified sweat glands.
B. They are the organs of milk production.
C. They may contain large amounts of adipose tissue.
D. They are attached to the pectoralis major muscle by Cooper ligaments.
E. All of these choices are correct.
98. Puberty in a female is characterized by
A. adipose tissue deposition in the breasts and around the hips.
B. increased muscle mass, especially in the hips.
C. growth of facial hair.
D. closure of the uterine tubes.
E. growth of chest hair.
99. Menarche refers to
A. monthly ovulation.
B. enlargement of the breasts.
C. an increase in the sexual drive.
D. the first episode of menstrual bleeding.
E. the end of the menstrual cycle.
100. The average menstrual cycle is about ____ days long; ovulation occurs on about day ____.
A. 30; 24
B. 28; 14
C. 24; 14
D. 20; 10
E. 32; 16