1) Inadequate intake of which nutrient during the first : 1201308.
1) Inadequate intake of which nutrient during the first few weeks of pregnancy is associated with neural tube defects in the fetus?
2) The point at which the ovum becomes fertilized by the sperm is
3) Substances that cause birth defects are called
C) neonatal pathogens.
4) Which of the following is NOT a benefit of breastfeeding for the infant?
A) The protein in breast milk is easy for the infant to digest.
B) The antibodies and immune factors found in breast milk help to protect the infant from infection.
C) The DHA found in breast milk is essential to the development of the infant’s nervous system and retina.
D) The fat in breast milk is difficult for the infant to digest.
5) The inner portion of the zygote that implants in the uterine lining is called the
6) From the third month of pregnancy until birth the developing human is called a(n)
7) Which of the following is NOT a reason that infants are at higher risk of dehydration than adults?
A) Breast milk or formula meets an infant’s fluid needs.
B) Infants lose proportionally more fluid via evaporation than adults.
C) Infants have immature kidneys and are unable to concentrate urine as well as adults.
D) Infants have kidneys that produce highly concentrated urine.
8) What is the average weight for a healthy newborn in the United States (with an average height of 18 to 22 inches long)?
A) 5-1/2 lbs
B) 6-1/2 lbs
C) 7-1/2 lbs
D) 8-1/2 lbs
9) A low birth weight infant is one who weighs less than how many pounds?
10) In which trimester of pregnancy is the fetus the most vulnerable to teratogens?
1) Inadequate intake of which nutrient during the first : 1201308