1) The development of which system particularly dependent adequate : 1201316.
1) The development of which system is particularly dependent on adequate consumption of fat during the toddler years?
2) The most common nutrient deficiency in young children is caused by inadequate consumption of
3) Which of the following foods would be the BEST source of dietary calcium for a young toddler?
B) skim milk
C) whole milk
4) For proper growth and development, toddlers should consume a minimum of what percentage of their total daily energy intake as fat?
A) 30 percent
B) 45 percent
C) 50 percent
D) 55 percent
5) Which of the following is NOT a recommendation to avoid allergies in children?
A) If a child has a negative reaction to a food, never offer it to that child again.
B) Introduce new foods one at a time.
C) Rotate foods in the diet rather than serving them every day.
D) When introducing a new food, watch for any allergic reaction for a week before offering another new food.
6) Which of the following foods does NOT pose a choking hazard for children?
A) whole grapes
B) cherry tomatoes
7) Overweight in children is defined as having a BMI at or above what percentile?
8) Obesity in children is defined as having a BMI at or above what percentile?
9) The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends the intake of fruit juice be limited to a maximum of how many fluid ounces per day for children 1 to 6 years of age?
10) Which of the following is NOT associated with developing toddlers’ healthy eating habits?
A) snacking between meals
B) small portion sizes
C) rewarding meal completion with dessert
D) including toddlers in food shopping and preparation