1) The four characteristics of a healthful diet adequacy, : 1201324.
1) The four characteristics of a healthful diet are adequacy, balance, moderation, and
2) One teaspoon of salt contains about how many mg of sodium?
3) Milk is a good source of calcium but a poor source of iron. Meat is a good source of iron but a poor source of calcium. Individuals who eat from both of these food groups are incorporating what characteristic of a healthy diet into their meal plan?
4) Which of the following foods is exempt from standard food labeling regulations?
5) The information provided on a food label that identifies how much a serving of food contributes to your intake of nutrients based on 2,000 Calories a day is called the
B) Percent Daily Values.
C) Daily Reference Values.
D) Reference Daily Intake.
6) Which of the following is NOT required on a food label?
A) net contents of the package
B) statement of identity
C) name and address of the vendor
D) taste of the food
7) The Nutrition Facts Panel on a box of crackers indicates that one serving provides 140 Calories, with 55 Calories coming from fat. Calculate the percentage of Calories from fat in this product.
8) Jack is a college athlete who requires 2,800 kilocalories a day to support his total energy needs. Even though Jack likes many different foods and makes it a point to try new things, he consumes only approximately 1,600 kilocalories a day. Which one of the characteristics of a healthy diet is Jack missing?
9) Suzie is a stay-at-home mom who generally prepares the majority of meals for her household. Even though she always prepares meals that offer enough Calories and nutrients for her family of four, she tends to make the same meals repeatedly. Which one of the characteristics of a healthy diet is Suzie not incorporating into her meal planning?
10) The government agency that regulates food labeling in the United States is the
A) U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
B) U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
C) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
D) U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (USDHHS).