1) The human body can synthesize which two fat-soluble : 1201253.
1) The human body can synthesize which two fat-soluble vitamins?
A) vitamin B12 and vitamin C
B) vitamin D and vitamin K
C) vitamin E and vitamin A
D) thiamin and niacin
2) Which of the following statements does NOT describe water-soluble vitamins?
A) Water-soluble vitamins are absorbed easily from the intestinal tract into the blood.
B) Water-soluble vitamins are stored in large amounts in the body.
C) Water-soluble vitamins are found in a wide variety of foods.
D) Water-soluble vitamins are rarely toxic.
3) Which of the following were once referred to as accessory factors?
B) binding factors
C) vitamins and minerals
4) A megadose of a vitamin is defined as consuming how many times the recommended intake?
A) ≥ 10
B) ≥ 50
C) ≥ 100
D) ≥ 200
5) Which vitamins pose the greatest risk of toxicity?
A) vitamins A and D
B) vitamins C and K
C) vitamins E and B12
D) thiamin and riboflavin
6) Which of the following comprises the vitamin B6 “umbrella” of compounds?
A) pyridoxal, pyridoxine, and pyridoxamine
B) retinol, retinal, and retinoic acid
C) cholecalciferol and ergocalciferol
D) phylloquinone and menaquinone
7) Deficiencies of fat-soluble vitamins are sometimes seen in people who
A) do not eat green vegetables.
B) avoid dairy products.
C) have a fat malabsorption disorder.
D) are overweight.
8) Which statement is FALSE regarding fat-soluble vitamins?
A) Fat-soluble vitamins are stored in adipose tissue and the liver.
B) Over-consumption of fat-soluble vitamins can lead to toxicity symptoms.
C) Fat-soluble vitamins need to be consumed on a daily basis.
D) Fat-soluble vitamins are absorbed along with dietary fat.
9) What is the only water-soluble vitamin that can be stored in large amounts in the human body?
B) vitamin B12
C) vitamin C
D) vitamin D
10) The letters used to identify the fat-soluble vitamins indicate
A) the compound from which the vitamins are synthesized.
B) the order of importance that the vitamins play in the body.
C) the abbreviation of the vitamins’ chemical name.
D) the chronological order in which the vitamins were discovered.
11) Phylloquinone and menaquinone are better known as
A) ascorbic acid.
B) vitamin B12.
C) vitamin K.
D) vitamin B6.
12) Vitamins A, D, E, and K are BEST absorbed with foods that are rich in
D) vitamin C.
13) The binder found in high-fiber foods that inhibits the absorption of iron and zinc is
B) oxalic acid.
14) Which of the following is a trace mineral?
B) vitamin B12
C) vitamin C
15) Research studies suggest that diets rich in vitamin D are associated with a lower risk of developing
B) colon cancer.
D) type 2 diabetes.
1) The human body can synthesize which two fat-soluble : 1201253