1) What element makes protein different from carbohydrate and : 1201357.
1) What element makes protein different from carbohydrate and fat?
2) What dictates the structure of a protein molecule synthesized by the body?
A) the body’s need for a protein
B) the DNA inside the nucleus of the cell
C) the number of essential amino acids available
D) the combination of proteins consumed in the diet
3) Which of the following is NOT a component of an amino acid molecule?
A) a central carbon
B) an amine group
C) an acid group
D) a fatty acid group
4) Which part of an individual amino acid distinguishes it from other amino acids?
A) side chain
B) central carbon
C) amine group
D) acid group
5) The part of the protein molecule that carries nitrogen is the
A) acid group.
B) amine group.
C) side chain.
D) hydrogen group.
6) In phenylketonuria (PKU), which amino acid becomes conditionally essential?
7) How many strings of amino acids does a polypeptide consist of?
B) more than four
D) more than ten
8) The twisting, spiral shape formed by the sequence and chemical properties of its amino acids refers to what part of a protein’s structure?
9) A complete protein
A) contains all 20 amino acids.
B) contains all 9 essential amino acids.
C) has not been denatured.
D) is composed of only di- and tripeptides.
10) The process of transferring the amine group from one amino acid to another is called
A) gene expression.