1) What percentage of an adult’s healthy body weight : 1201365.
1) What percentage of an adult’s healthy body weight is fluid?
A) 50 to 30
C) 50 to 70
D) 50 to 90
2) What is the function of synovial fluid?
A) maintains blood volume
B) transports nutrients through the body
C) lubricates body joints
D) maintains body temperature
3) Which is NOT a symptom of low blood pressure?
4) Water has a high heat capacity. What does this term mean?
A) Water is resistant to changes in temperature.
B) Water heats up or cools down very quickly.
C) Water provides a useful source of stored kilocalories.
D) Water transports the energy-yielding nutrients throughout the body.
5) Water is known as the universal solvent, which means that
A) water helps to regulate body temperature.
B) water helps to maintain blood volume.
C) water works as an excellent cleansing agent to flush toxins out of the body.
D) most solutes (particles) will dissolve in water.
6) Which of the following statements is TRUE?
A) Water freely moves across cell membranes.
B) Water and electrolytes move across the cell membranes only through protein channels.
C) Electrolytes freely move across cell membranes.
D) Water and electrolytes cannot move across cell membranes.
7) Which of the following will likely result if the concentration of electrolytes outside the cell is higher than in the intracellular environment?
A) The cell will burst.
B) The cell will shrink and dry up.
C) The cell will undergo mitosis and divide.
D) The cell will be unaffected.
8) Ian is hospitalized for dehydration after experiencing severe vomiting and diarrhea. Which of the following is NOT associated with Ian’s dehydrated condition?
A) Fluid will be lost from the extracellular fluid compartment.
B) The extracellular electrolyte concentration will be very low.
C) The intracellular fluid will leave the cells creating a fluid imbalance.
D) The fluid imbalance will result in an irregular heartbeat.
9) What is the primary reason we sweat?
A) to maintain blood volume
B) to maintain sodium balance
C) to excrete waste products
D) to regulate body temperature
10) MOST water is lost daily via the