1) Which of the following NOT a benefit of : 1201243.
1) Which of the following is NOT a benefit of a Calorie-restricted (CR) diet?
A) The reduced metabolic rate results in a significantly lower production of free radicals.
B) The reduced caloric intake results in reduced oxidative damage to DNA and other cells.
C) Caloric restriction causes marked improvement in insulin sensitivity.
D) Calorie restriction results in decreased fat mass and increased lean body mass.
2) Which of the following metabolic effects of CR has NOT been reported in any of the human studies?
A) increased energy expenditure
B) a decreased fat mass and lean body mass
C) decreased insulin levels and improved insulin sensitivity
D) decreased core body temperature and blood pressure
3) Approximately how long would a person’s life be prolonged if he or she did not start consuming a Calorie-restricted diet until the age of 55 years?
A) 4 months
B) 1 year
C) 5 years
D) 10 years
4) The key to a successful Calorie-restricted diet is to
A) consume 1,000 or fewer calories per day.
B) consume a low-Calorie, high nutrient-dense diet.
C) exercise at least one hour each day while eating fewer calories than usual.
D) join a support group.
5) Research studies indicate that consuming which of the following supplements can cause gastrointestinal upset?
A) vitamin C
6) According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which of the following health habits does NOT promote increased longevity?
A) following a diet based on the USDA’s food guidelines
B) tobacco use
C) engaging in at least 30 minutes of moderate physical activity daily
D) maintaining a healthy weight and body composition