1) Which pancreatic hormones responsible for maintaining blood glucose : 1201333.
1) Which pancreatic hormones are responsible for maintaining blood glucose levels?
A) testosterone and estrogen
B) leptin and ghrelin
C) glucagon and insulin
D) bicarbonate and chyme
2) Appetite is triggered by
A) a physiological drive.
B) environmental cues such as the smell or taste of food.
C) pancreatic enzymes.
D) stomach enzymes.
3) Which physiological trigger(s) will result in the sensation of hunger?
A) low glucose levels
B) high glucose levels
C) release of the chemical messengers leptin and serotonin
D) eating a meal with a high satiety value
4) Hunger is BEST described as
A) a physiological desire to consume food.
B) a psychological desire to consume food.
C) eating that is often driven by environmental cues.
D) eating that is often driven by emotional cues.
5) Assuming the calories and relative sizes are similar, which of the following snacks will have the highest satiety value?
A) slice of whole-grain bread
B) glass of skim milk
C) glass of orange juice
D) piece of cheese
6) Hunger, as opposed to appetite, is BEST described as
A) eating that is often driven by emotion.
B) a physiological desire or need to consume food.
C) eating that is often driven by environmental stress.
D) a psychological desire to consume food.
7) The smallest units of matter that normally CANNOT be broken down are
8) The human body is organized into the following structural levels (smallest to largest)
A) molecules, atoms, organs, systems, tissues, cells.
B) atoms, molecules, cells, tissues, organs, systems.
C) organs, tissues, molecules, systems, atoms, organ.
D) atoms, cells, systems, tissues, molecules, organs.
9) Our genetic information, in the form of deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA), is located in the
A) endoplasmic reticulum (ER).
10) Cell membranes are primarily composed of