1. According to the textbook, energy balance can best : 1400799.
1. According to the textbook, energy balance can best be described using what five-word phrase?
A. energy out versus energy in
B. intake out versus energy expenditure
C. energy in versus energy out
D. None of these is correct.
2. What statement describes a positive energy balance?
A. Intake is greater than energy expenditure.
B. Energy expenditure is greater than energy intake.
C. Energy intake is equal to energy expenditure.
D. All of the above describe positive energy balance.
3. Negative energy balance is described as a state when
A. intake exceeds expenditure.
B. expenditure exceeds intake.
C. intake equals expenditure.
D. none of the above happens.
4. Approximately how many excess kilocalories are required to gain 1 pound of body weight?
5. How many excess kilocalories per day are required for an average individual to gain about 10 pounds in one year?
6. A kilocalorie as measured using a bomb calorimeter is the amount of energy needed to raise the temperature of one kilogram of water
A. one degree Fahrenheit.
B. two degrees Fahrenheit.
C. one degree Celsius.
D. two degrees Celsius.
7. The food energy that isn’t oxidized to yield carbon dioxide and water is stored as either
A. glycogen or fat.
B. glucagon or fat.
C. glycogenin or fat.
D. glycine or fat.
8. The values obtained from the bomb calorimeter, adjusted to reflect the kilocalories actually transformed into energy in the human body, are called
A. physical fuel values.
B. physiological fuel values.
C. calorimetric fuel values.
D. all of the above
9. How many kilocalories are contained per gram of carbohydrate?
10. How many kilocalories are contained per gram of fat?