1. All of the following considered simple carbohydrates except
A. : 1400674.
1. All of the following are considered simple carbohydrates except
2. Which of the following sugars is the sweetest?
3. Which of the following sugars is a disaccharide?
4. The storage form of glucose in animals is
5. All of the following are health benefits of soluble fiber except
A. stimulates appetite.
B. reduces serum cholesterol.
C. delays gastric emptying.
D. normalizes blood glucose.
6. Glycogen is
A. a highly branched polymer of glucose.
B. a highly branched polymer of fructose.
C. a straight chain of glucose molecules.
D. a straight chain of fructose molecules.
7. The enzyme salivary amylase
A. breaks down amylose.
B. breaks down amylopectin.
C. breaks down disaccharides.
D. breaks down both amylose and amylopectin.
8. Which of the following is not considered a brush border enzyme?
9. Bacteria in the colon can break apart some dietary fibers into
B. short-chain fatty acids.
C. amino acids.
D. none of the above
10. Pancreatic amylase is released into the
C. small intestine.
D. large intestine.