1. Healthy weight can be defined as a body : 1400812.
1. Healthy weight can be defined as a body weight that
A. enhances an individual’s physical attributes.
B. is generally acceptable in society.
C. does not increase the risk of developing weight-related health problems or diseases.
D. is the easiest to maintain by all individuals of a given height and age.
2. Which of the following disease risks are increased in overweight individuals?
A. type II diabetes
C. sleep apnea
D. all of the above
3. Kelly is a 25-year-old secretary at a local law office. Her height is just under 5 feet (below average). Her BMI is 26. How would Kelly be classified?
B. normal weight
4. All of the following statements about obesity in men and women are true except:
A. Women with body fat greater than 32% and men with body fat greater than 25% are classified as obese.
B. Only women with gynoid obesity and men with android obesity are classified as truly obese.
C. Women with a BMI greater than 30 and men with a BMI greater than 25 are classified as obese.
D. Severe obesity is defined as 120% of normal body weight for women and 124% for men.
5. A fat cell is called a(n)
6. What is the result of enhanced LPL activity?
A. The fat accumulation decreases.
B. The fat accumulation increases.
C. Changes in weight become permanent.
D. There is no effect on fat cell metabolism.
7. ________ can be triggered by learned behavior and emotions such as anxiety and stress.
8. Hunger and satiation are controlled by the ________.
D. blood glucose
9. Cholecystokinin and peptide YY are two hormones that are released in response to nutrients reaching the small intestine. What is the resultant effect of this action?
A. Hunger and satiety are increased.
B. Hunger and satiety are decreased.
C. Hunger increases and satiety decreases.
D. Hunger decreases and satiety increases.
10. Which of the following is a hormone that influences hunger and/or satiety?
C. neuropeptide Y
D. all of the above
1. Healthy weight can be defined as a body : 1400812