1. Which described as the time interval between infection or : 1361493.
1. Which is described as the time interval between infection or exposure to disease and appearance of initial symptoms?
d.Period of communicability
2. Airborne isolation is required for a child who is hospitalized with:
c.exanthema subitum (roseola).
d.erythema infectiosum (fifth disease).
3. Acyclovir (Zovirax) is given to children with chickenpox to:
b.decrease the number of lesions.
c.prevent aplastic anemia.
d.prevent spread of the disease.
4. The single parent of a 3-year-old child who has just been diagnosed with chickenpox tells the nurse that she cannot afford to stay home with the child and miss work. The parent asks the nurse if some medication will shorten the course of the illness. Which is the most appropriate nursing intervention?
a.Reassure the parent that it is not necessary to stay home with the child.
b.Explain that no medication will shorten the course of the illness.
c.Explain the advantages of the medication acyclovir (Zovirax) to treat chickenpox.
d.Explain the advantages of the medication VCZ immune globulin (VariZIG) to treat chickenpox.
5. Which may be given to high-risk children after exposure to chickenpox to prevent varicella?
c.Diphenhydramine hydrochloride (Benadryl)
d.VCZ immune globulin (VariZIG)
6. Vitamin A supplementation may be recommended for the young child who has which disease?
7. A nurse is teaching parents about caring for their child with chickenpox. The nurse should let the parents know that the child is considered to be no longer contagious when which occurs?
a.When fever is absent
b.When lesions are crusted
c.24 hours after lesions erupt
d.8 days after onset of illness
8. A nurse is assessing a child and notes Koplik spots. In which of these communicable diseases are Koplik spots present?
d.Exanthema subitum (roseola)
9. Which is a common childhood communicable disease that may cause severe defects in the fetus when it occurs in its congenital form?
10. Which is the causative agent of scarlet fever?
c.Scarlet fever virus
d.Group A β-hemolytic streptococci (GABHS)
1. Which described as the time interval between infection or : 1361493