1.Assessment instruments given to large samples of students under : 1200618.
1.Assessment instruments given to large samples of students under uniform conditions and scored and reported according to uniform procedures are best described as:
2. Which of the following are current, accepted functions of standardized tests?
1.To compare students with other children at the same grade level.
2.To promote or retain children to appropriate grade levels.
3.To place students in special programs that have limited space available.
4.To determine which students are effected by cultural bias in the classroom.
a. 1, 4 b. 1, 2 c. 1, 3 d. 2, 4
3.Scores of individuals taking a standardized test are compared to the scores of a group of individuals similar in age, grade level, and background who have taken the same test. This group of individuals used for comparison is called:
a.a grade-equivalent group.
b.a norming group.
c.a peer group.
d.an ability group.
4. The purpose of a norming group is to:
a.describe specifically what content students know and don’t know.
b.provide information for decisions about advancement to the next grade.
c.describe student performance in terms of specific criteria.
d.allow educators to compare the progress of their students with others.
5. To find out how well a student can perform a particular learning task or how well he or she can solve problems, what kind of comparison should be made?
a.Norm-referenced using an immediate peer group
b.Norm-referenced using a different peer group
c.Criterion-referenced with teacher-set standards
d.Criterion-referenced with percentile standards
6.In order to determine how his students compare to other students from a neighboring district, Manny most likely will use which of the following types of assessments?
a.A criterion-based assessment
b.An alternative assessment
c.A performance assessment
d.A standardized assessment
7. A junior high school wants to compare its students’ performance in a new algebra program with the program it had used in the past and to other junior high algebra students. What kind of test would be most effective?
a.A standardized aptitude test
b.A standardized achievement test
c.A standardized diagnostic test
d.A standardized intelligence test
8. Tests designed to measure and communicate how much students have learned in different content areas are called:
9.The Iowa Test of Basic Skills is one example of a(n):
10. The most widely used standardized tests in schools today are:
1.Assessment instruments given to large samples of students under : 1200618