1) Clear to pale colored urine a good indicator : 1201256.
1) Clear to pale colored urine is a good indicator of good hydration status.
2) Infants are very vulnerable to dehydration because they have a smaller ratio of body surface area to body core, causing them to lose more water than an older child.
3) The most effective treatment for heat stroke is to cool the body and seek immediate medical assistance.
4) One of the reasons that the elderly are at high risk of dehydration is that their thirst mechanism is less effective than younger people.
5) Heat exhaustion is the most severe form of heat illness.
6) One of the symptoms of heat exhaustion is cessation of body sweating.
7) Strict guidelines are in place to prevent heat-related deaths in high school and collegiate athletes.
8) Heat cramps are caused by fluid and electrolyte imbalances.
9) Hot and humid environments increase the risk of heat illness because sweat does not evaporate and the body cannot cool itself.