1) Lipids can be either solid or liquid at : 1201354.
1) Lipids can be either solid or liquid at room temperature.
2) Only plants can synthesize cholesterol.
3) Fat is the most energy dense of all the macronutrients.
4) In general, animal-based fats are high in saturated fats.
5) Plant fats provide 80-90% of their energy from saturated fats.
6) Unless labeled as zero trans fatty acids, most margarines will have more trans fatty acids than butter.
7) Short- and medium-chain fatty acids are absorbed and transported more quickly than long-chain fatty acids.
8) Olive oil, canola oil, and cashew nuts are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids.
9) Saturated fatty acids can occur in either a cis or trans shape.
10) People attempting to lose weight will be most successful if they limit their consumption of fat to less than 15% of kilocalories.
1) Lipids can be either solid or liquid at : 1201354