1) Maintaining an energy-restricted diet that high in nutrients : 1201244.
1) Maintaining an energy-restricted diet that is high in nutrients requires significant planning and preparation of most of your own meals.
2) A Calorie-restricted diet (CR) is defined as a diet containing 1,000 or fewer calories per day.
3) Preliminary research studies suggest that a Calorie-restricted (CR) diet can improve metabolic measures of health in humans and, therefore, may be able to extend the human life span.
4) An evaluation of the impact of a Calorie-restricted diet on health indicates only the calorie level of the diet and NOT the nutrient content that is critical to prolong life.
5) Although promising, research that could precisely study and measure the benefits of a Calorie-restricted diet in humans may never be conducted because of logistical and ethical concerns.
6) Most of the members of the Caloric Restriction Society and the CRONies are males.
7) Antioxidant supplements have consistently been shown to lower rates of death from heart disease and certain types of cancer.
8) Antioxidant supplements are not necessary and may actually be harmful.