1) Research has found that the health-promoting properties of : 1201246.
1) Research has found that the health-promoting properties of phytochemicals are primarily due to their antioxidant activity.
2) Current research suggests that the health benefits of phytochemicals come only in supplement form.
3) Epidemiological studies cannot identify cause-and-effect relationships between food intake and disease.
4) An RDA for phytochemicals has not been established.
5) Because they are not nutrients, high intakes of phytochemical supplements are not harmful.
6) The majority of the research demonstrating the relationship between a reduced disease risk and a high intake of plant food comes from large epidemiological studies.
7) Spinach and sweet potatoes are rich sources of phytochemicals.
8) The reason that phytochemicals are found naturally in plant foods is to increase their nutrient content.