1) Water-soluble vitamins not toxic; they harmless even when : 1201254.
1) Water-soluble vitamins are not toxic; they are harmless even when consumed in megadose amounts.
2) Macronutrients are more efficiently absorbed by the body than micronutrients.
3) Toxicity to water-soluble vitamins is most often due to the over-use of high-potency vitamin supplements.
4) Since vitamins are found in a wide variety of foods, they are considered non-essential nutrients.
5) Fat-soluble vitamins should be consumed more frequently than water-soluble vitamins.
6) Mineral supplements are made in the laboratory from plant sources.
7) Most minerals are absorbed better from animal food sources than from supplements.
8) Even individuals who eat a variety of healthy foods cannot meet their micronutrient needs from food alone and should take a daily supplement.
9) The calcium in calcium fortified orange juice is well absorbed.
10) Research shows that smokers benefit from daily supplements of beta carotene.