41. Triglycerides also known as fat.
42. The most common types : 1400690.
41. Triglycerides are also known as fat.
42. The most common types of fatty acids in foods are long-chain fatty acids.
43. Corn oil is composed of largely unsaturated fatty acids that cannot pack closely together and tend to have a higher melting point.
44. A disadvantage of foods composed of saturated fats is that they can become rancid faster than those with unsaturated fats.
45. Rancidity can be caused by exposure of fatty acids to light.
46. The process of hydrogenation makes unsaturated fats more saturated.
47. Triglycerides and phospholipids share a common structural motif—a glycerol backbone.
48. Triglycerides have two fatty acids and phospholipids have three fatty acids as part of their structure.
49. Choline, a member of the B vitamin family, is also a component of lecithin.
50. Because lecithin is found in all cell membranes, it must be supplied by the diet.