. A resort employs _______ when it shifts the firm’s target market from singles to families.. A resort employs _______ when it shifts the firm’s target market from singles to families.
2. _______ occurs when resources of any variety are transferred between the parties to a transaction.
3. A mail-order company that uses PRIZM employs _______ segmentation.
4. The items people own, the services they use, and the activities they engage in are byproducts of _______ actions.
5. Which of the following is an example of the concentration targeting strategy?
A. A tailor who individualizes each suit for each customer
B. A cruise line that advertises to families and singles
C. A toy manufacturer that makes some toys for children and some for adults
D. A retailer that sells gadgets for left-handed people only
6. If fewer people can afford the cost of a college education, this will drastically impact consumer behavior. In a recent survey of college pricing, the College Board reported that “moderate” college budgets for in-state public colleges and private colleges for the 2015–2016 academic year averaged approximately _______, respectively.
A. $20,000 and $35,000
B. $10,000 and $30,000
C. $24,000 and $48,000
D. $15,000 and $40,000
7. Which of the following is an example of demographic segmentation?
A. A shoe producer who targets the heaviest users of sandals
B. A newspaper that targets teenagers
C. A mail-order business that segments their market by Zip code
D. A restaurant that targets vegetarians