Describe the nature of reform in the United States and the goals of healthcare. Unit outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
- Describe the nature of reform in the United States and the goals of healthcare reform.
- Explain policymaking and legal process that underpin the individual health care and public health systems.
Course outcomes assessed/addressed in this Assignment:
- HA415-6: Analyze the impact of healthcare reform on insurance coverage and financing alternatives.
- GEL-1.02: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English.
Health insurance coverage gives Americans and their health providers protection against the financial risk associated with the costs of health care and can help improve well-being. Healthcare reform is a daunting challenge for U.S. policy makers. The people want change, but offer little consensus on how to achieve it. Government action seems to be inevitable, but the extent of the action is likely to fall far short of what anyone could have imagined shortly after the legislation was first introduced in 1993. However, it is unlikely that any comprehensive plan for government takeover of healthcare delivery will ever happen. Instead, there will probably be incremental reforms to add coverage and access to groups at the margin.
Write an expository essay describing the level of health insurance coverage in the United States and the financial protection provided by that coverage. Examine the source of health insurance coverage and the financial effect of that cost on the groups providing that coverage. Explain how patients with no health insurance coverage impact other patients, providers and the quality of healthcare services in this country. Recommend a policy course of action to increase the quantity and quality of health insurance in the United States that would be the most fair equitable to all stakeholder groups. What do you think would be the best course of action to help improve this situation?
Your paper should be, professional, well organized, and logical to support your viewpoints and purpose clearly. The paper should be at least three pages in length, written using the APA 6th edition formatting and citation style, and include at least four scholarly sources. Be sure to use correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
Please be sure to review the various Academic Tools to assist you with meeting APA and Standard English expectations for written Assignments.
Writer describes the level of health insurance coverage in the United States and the financial protection provided by that coverage.
Writer explains how patients with no health insurance coverage effect patients, providers and providing healthcare services in this country.
Writer recommends a policy course of action to increase the quantity and quality of health insurance in the United States that would be the most fair equitable to all stakeholder groups.
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the assignment, a successful paper must also meet the following criteria:
- be at least three pages in length
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics
- include at least four scholarly sources