Discuss some increased challenges a project manager may face when leading virtual or global project teams.. Continuing from the previous assignment, it is now important to consider your approach to leading and managing your HR project. Tightly structured projects tend to restrict cross-organizational communication. As such, objectives originate at the top of the project, and are subdivided as they are passed down, resulting in little opportunity for creative contributions. Effective leadership and managing of the project can greatly improve communication and team contributions.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Review and understand the types of project manager power listed and defined in the textbook and select and define any two (2) you feel would be relevant to your current project and explain why. Be specific.
- Identify and briefly discuss a minimum of four (4) outcomes (possible issues) resulting from managing projects and address how you might resolve the issues. Be clear with your rationale.
- Discuss some increased challenges a project manager may face when leading virtual or global project teams. Recommend a few strategies to deal with the challenges.
- Identify and explain your overall plan for communication management during the project. The plan must be comprehensive and at a minimum address (1) structure, (2) purpose, (3) method, and (4) timing.
- Go to http://research.strayer.edu to locate at least three (3) quality academic (peer-reviewed) resources in this assignment.