main advantages and disadvantages of vertical integration versus outsourcing for the company.
From the same case that you have chosen for Deliverables 1 to 3, you will advise the CEO on how best to position his organization to be responsive to change in order to take advantage of the strategies you have recommended.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Give your opinion as to whether your chosen company’s industry is maturing or declining, based on its evolution history. Justify your answer.
- Use Porter’s National Diamond to evaluate the relative main advantages and disadvantages of vertical integration versus outsourcing for the company. Support your response.
- Use the Boston Consulting Group’s growth-share matrix to evaluate the company’s strategic position as of 2013. Note: Refer to Figure 14.2 “The BCG Growth-share Matrix”, located on page 369, chapter 14 of the textbook.
- Suggest one (1) approach for the CEO to adopt in order to implement the strategies that you recommended in Project Deliverable 3. Include the main changes in decision-making style, main changes in planning structure, and measures of success in your recommendation. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.